Sunday 28 October 2012

31 - February


From: Paul
To: Simon
8 February 2012 21:05 
Re: Balsamiq 
… Anyway my cooking app is underway. You remember Filippo? He runs his own mobile agency with another bloke. Having a chat with him next week. Just for some pointers. 


From: Simon
To: Paul
8 February 2012 21:29
Re: Balsamiq
I know you like the cooking thng but you could use the shell a bunch of ways. 
Like, it could be a scrapbook of pictures, videos and notes from when you go on holiday. The home screen could be a bunch of holiday albums. I think you should think of the core concept. Like, a collection of albums that you share with people that could contain anything. Maybe you could rate people's albums and see public albums. 
I like the idea of collections of things. 


From: Paul 
To: Simon
8 February 2012 21:39
Re: Balsamiq
Well yeah you're right but I was into the simplicity of it. Also lots of cute things about cooking. Like you can give people cute messages and icons and options that are cooking based. 
A picture album app is good too. I told you I thought that's what path was to start with. Like a little 'path' of photos displaying your weekend or your marathon or your holiday etc. I like that. It's a bigger app though and would take me a stupid amount of time to throw together. 
Might try it. Like I'm going to make a near to realistic prototype, make the little website ie like its really real then get someone to pay for it to be built. 


From: Simon
To: Paul 
8 February 2012 22:01
Re: Balsamiq
But why would it be extra work? It's all just uploading pictures with text. I just don't think you should bracket people in to use it a particular way when there's loads of ways to use it. Just people's scrapbooks. Call it scrapbook. 


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
8 February 2012 22:16 
Re: Balsamiq
Yeah I understand. I will give it some thought. I understand you abstracting it. You can abstract too much and you're left with something too vague. Aaaaanyway yeah I guess it just means a massive rethink. I do like it though. You could tag it and that which I was gonna do anyway. I guess using it for cooking would be a great example of HOW to use it.  
When it was just a food thing, like a news feed that shows what your friends are cooking, then you see the end result ie they mark it as 'done'. Thought it'd be nice to comment on each stage of your journey. Then you build up your journeys. People like your journeys. People have similar journeys. I sorta have it in my head. 


From: Simon 
To: Paul 
9 February 2012 09:23 
Re: Sweating
Maybe this is a whole new app but this is what I see... 
When you open it there's a home screen of featured 'books' by different people. One might be a bunch of nice photos. One might be a short story. One is a guy's recipe for cooking. One is someone's holiday pics; however a collection of pictures and words packaged up. 
Then there's the 'create book' button where you can give it a title and subline, and upload pictures, video and text. When you're done, you can publish it. You can publish privately just for your mates or you can publish publicly. If you publish publicly it will appear in everyone's search terms and category stream.


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
9 February 2012 09:53 
Re: Sweating
Your idea is different to what i'm thinking but also kinda the same. I liked the cooking thing and then that being extended out of the cooking thing. Like what i thought Path was. A photographic journey bundled up into little album type things. Extending it beyond photos to things like text... I like the simplicity of photo journeys. You can add annotation to them too. Will think. It could be fun and beautiful.


From: Simon 
To: Paul 
20 February 2012 12:11 
thng
Has anyone done anything like this? It could be massive.






From: Paul 
To: Simon 
20 February 2012 12:16 
Re: thng
Mate i know!!!!
Like it really could take off man. People would LOVE creating stories. Like yeah. My notebook looks exactly the same:






From: Simon 
To: Paul 
20 February 2012 12:24 
thng
This feels too easy.


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
20 February 2012 12:28 
Re: thng
I even looked at the photo album type apps on the app store and they are disgusting. This is more of a social thing though and based on the 'journey'. That is key. Like example albums are:
My birthday
Mama's fish stew
When i climbed everest
Road trip
Vegas
VEGAS!


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
Re: San Pelllllllllllllllllllllllll
22 February 2012 12:24 
What the fuck is it going to be called? Remember it is about the journey. Path would be perfect but like yeah.....


From: Simon 
To: Paul 
Re: San Pelllllllllllllllllllllllll
22 February 2012 13:28 
jouboo.com is available - Like, Journey and Book put together.


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
Re: San Pelllllllllllllllllllllllll
22 February 2012 13:33 
jouboo works. i was toying with like journi :S


From: Simon 
To: Paul 
23 February 2012 01:03 
mock up




I only got as far as home screen and the 'Start Book' screens. Yeah I still don't like the books, just fuckin around.
But I love the pop up info when you tap a book. And I love the 'Start Book' screen. Makes me wanna make one real bad.



From: Paul 
To: Simon 
Re: Tappy
24 February 2012 09:47 
need a name today.
just a fucking name.


From: Simon 
To: Paul 
Re: Tappy
24 February 2012 11:25 
I fucking love the word Story.
Knew these guys that opened a skate shop called Story Store. Always loved that. Story.


From: Paul 
To: Simon 
Re: Tappy
24 February 2012 11:28
Yeah story is nice. We work in Agile here and instead of raising little projects they are called stories. I kinda like it. Like i'm working on a big story right now that has sub-tasks etc. Yeah, Story is nice.